OBJECTIVES OF FMDP CELL
The main objectives of the Cell will be to:
- Conduct Management Development Programmes (MDPs), Employee Development Programmes (EDPs), Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDPs) , Faculty Development Programmes (FDPs), Student Development Programmes (SDPs).
- Initiate schemes for student/ teacher training and Joint Research with Industry.
- Take help of the expertise of the industries to improve / redesign the curriculum periodically in tune with the requirements of the industries.
- Organise Seminar / Conferences / Workshops/ Summits/ Round Table Discussions/ Symposium in connection with industries as per requirements of industries and academia.
- Organizing Industrial visit and help to create skilled manpower for industry requirements at various levels by identifying gaps and taking appropriate measures to remove the same.
RELEVANCE AND SIGNIFICANCE OF FMDP CELL
The cell will conduct various Development Programs at Gujarat University like MDPs,. FDPs, SDPs , EDPs etc. which will create a holistic development environment for the mutual benefit and development of students, faculties and industry. Such type of programmes will provide working executives with state-of-art concepts and practices in management. It will provide insights into managerial concepts and techniques relevant for formulating and implementing strategies in various functional areas. It will lead to gain an overall perspective for decision making by integrating functional and general management approaches.
BENEFITS OF THE FMDP CELL TO FACULTIES AND UNIVERSITY
- Provide training to industrial personnel of different levels
- Offer/ Provide Consultancy Services
- Foster collaboration with industry to help in meeting manpower demands
- Organise Executive/ Management development Programmes
- Fostering collaboration with industry for strengthening research
- Faculty and Student Development through knowledge sharing and interactions
- Industry linkage will offer better placements to students
BENEFITS OF THE FMDP CELL TO INDUSTRIES
- Assist skill Development through MDPs which is requirement of each industry now a days
- Training executives as per special requirements of industry
- Collaboration in Research Partnership will help industries
- Help prepare employable graduates in line with the requirements of the industry
- Tune faculty with requirements of industry by instituting academic chairs in the industry, consultancy projects and joint research